RSS

jan.18.2013 flood.flood.flood in jakarta. X_x


Due to heavy rain that pours down in jakarta and it surrounding areas these few days, flood was inevitable to happen and it started from yesterday morning when the rain won`t stop falling from the night before yesterday. x__x"

It caused great traffic jam everywhere and stopped every economic activity, and make schools and universities must dismiss it students from learning activities for this two days due to the flood that happens in most areas in Jakarta. Even my university must postponed the exams that's supposed to due today for students who take short semester. Little luck in distress for those :p

Most news in every media, like television, were talking about the flood and it showed people who were walking on the street, with water already about their waist, people who trapped in a traffic jam, can`t back home because the car and public transportation is broken down, so they have to walk, and people whose house is already full of water and have to evacuate. ;:___;:

In the morning, i was surprised to see the water, which is about 20-30 cm more or less already drown the street outside my house. Flood again outside my house in this year (2013), after flood which happened in 2007.

Here's the pic :


just in front of my house. residential area in kelapa gading, north jakarta


Even my brother and sister can`t go back home for the day. They went to school in the morning and because of even worse flood, of course finally the school decided to dismissed all of the students for the day. But unfortunately, road from my house to their school is pretty far and from the news we heard from the television, it can`t be reached by car for now. So, my dad made my driver who was at the store back then to picked up my bro and sis at school and also bought their change clothes, so they will be evacuated to my grandma's house in jatinegara, which is not flooding, luckily. hha.

Still, one thing i must be grateful the most is, the electricity still remains in my area, North Jakarta. :)) And at least, luckily, my house is still high enough so the water don`t run through my house! Many of my friends and who lives in another area of jakarta, already evacuate because the water already get inside their house and the power's already off, too.

I couldn`t imagine if the power in my house is off now,too like the one i already experienced in 2007's flood. How boring. I couldn`t go anywhere due to the flood, but i couldn`t do anything in my house too! hha.

Look at more pics around my neighborhood, Kelapa Gading Area!
*Sorry for bad quality. It was taken with my cell's camera from my car's window.......






OOT (out of topic) a little lol
In 2007's flood, although the electricity's off, i still have lilies, my best friend, who trapped in my house and can`t go back home after school (lol) with her mom and we spent about 3 days with the flood and no electricity at all before she and her mom got picked up by her relatives using cart. LOL. Back then, we were just third year student of junior high school. But now, she's already gone to Australia to continue her study, and i`m still here in jakarta with the flood lol (wrong story x_x)..

Okay, back to topic again :))

From this incident, societies tend to blame it all to the government, especially "Jokowi", jakarta's new government, and people believes that it is all the government`s responsibility. But let's take a look and think again. Flood is happening in jakarta not just because of the heavy rain, but also because of the blockage of the drainase (water flow) due to the garbages we throw carelessly. I think the responsibility to keep our city clean and taking care of it is our responsibilities, too as a good resident. So, whatever happens, it already happens. May this incident open our eyes to change our habit. It can be started from the simplest things, like, dispose trash in its place. That simple thing can makes big effect if every people do it. :))

For now, let's just pray for the flood to dry and hope the rain doesn`t fall down again in the mean time. After that, the government must make a change to jakarta to avoid another flood on the next rainy season, coz you know, rain is inevitable. And societies must support the government`s project and also change our habit little by little from now. Let's care for our environment. Let's make a new jakarta :))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading through your article post. I like to
write a little comment to support you.

Here is my page - Storage Dayton
my web page > Dayton Movers

randy said...

Hi, Nice blog I had a great time reading it. Would you please consider adding an intro to my website on your next post? Please email me back. Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387 at gmail.com

Mutiara Donna Visca said...

omg... totally hope that you're okay...

btw, are you Japanese enthusiast too? me too! :D
can we be friend? :D
I really want to write more Japanese things on my blog later :D

much love,
http://donna-visca.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

if you would like to give a comment, please do write here (and no spam pls thanks) :)

Copyright 2009 Welcome to my blog ^^. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy | Distributed by Blogger Template Place